The Book a Break Short Story Competition
Fancy a holiday in Provence? Submit a short story (maximum 2000 words) and you could win a four-night stay for two people in Aix en Provence next summer! Bed and breakfast, en suite accommodation, swimming pool, two dinners, and transport to and from airport / train station. The full details are here.
Why am I doing this? A number of reasons:
- Last year’s competition was a great success.
- I like reading other people’s work.
- Ingrid Jendrzejewski has kindly accepted to be the judge.
- To create a bit of buzz. Apart from the prompt, there’s no connection with Perfume Island, but still, it can’t do any harm.
- To make the acquaintance of another writer and talk about the joys, challenges and frustrations of this crazy occupation of ours.
- I like cooking.
- A selection of the best entries will go into the 2017 Book a Break Short Story anthology, the proceeds of which go to charity.
This is obviously more likely to appeal to European residents than U.S., Australia, Africa, India etc. (unless they’re already planning on being in Europe), but I’d be grateful if you could spread (reblog, tweet, whatever) the news far and wide. And don’t hesitate to submit a story yourself!